"I cannot say enough good things about every employee and the owners (Ms. Kim and Mr. Randy). They are some of the nicest and helpful people. They go way beyond their job description. I have purchased three Baby lock machines from them. I love every one of them. I have the perfect machines for me because of the wonderful guidance from the First Stitches crew. Can't thank you all enough for your kindness and expertise." – Rose M.
"WOW WOW WOW! I live 2 hours away from this delightful store and wished I was closer! My 10 needle machine broke down in the middle of a job and I was in a panic, did a google search that led me to their store. Naturally it was a Sunday when this happened and they were actually open! After a quick phone call I hit the road to see if Randy could fix my machine. Not only did he get it repaired but he did it in record time, I was back on the road Tuesday to pick up my machine. It runs as if it were a new one! The customer service is absolutely amazing! Thank you for getting me stitching again!" — Nita W.
Recent Reviews from the 2022 Local Quilt Shop Contest (nationwide contest)
– p.s. we didn't win, but the comments brought big smiles to our faces! We have the best customers - thank you!
• "First Stitches is always super helpful with whatever project questions you might have and also provide quality fabrics and notions. They recently guided me to my newest most favorite thread - Aurifil!!! The variety of classes they offer provide something for everyone in the sewing/embroidery world!! I love this place!!"
• "This cute little brick house with its crystal chandelier and grandfather clock in the bathroom is the perfect place to buy the most gorgeous fabrics and fun gifts you’ve ever before seen. I can’t stay away from the place. Simply marvelous."
• "Customer service is fantastic! If there is something you need that they don't have they will find it for you."
• "Super kind employees."
• "They care about all of their customers like we are all family. They always have what I am looking for, if they don't they are always willing to order for you. The staff are always available when help is needed. Their service department for sewing machines is exemplary."
• "The owners and employees treat all patrons as friends. They hold a live chat every Saturday morning "Coffee with Kim and Randy". They talk about what's new, classes they are holding, new inventory, motivational tidbits, and show and tell and prizes for participants. Fun, fun, fun."
• "One of the best quilt shops in the Colorado region"
• "Great owners, special sales, knowledgeable service/repair person. Love this shop!"
"Great store with great people. I bought several sewing machines and I’m very satisfied with the service I received. Everyone is very helpful and Randy is not only very knowledgeable but also very dependable. He tries very hard to finish the repairs as soon as possible. I’m glad the second store is in Pueblo since I recently moved in Pueblo West. I like the online store. Very convenient. – Sandra U.
"This business is every reason why to find a sew shop and not purchase from some big retailer or online. I live on the west slope and we don't have a sew shop. I found this gem from an online search. They promised to call me when the machine I wanted came in, they did and they shipped it to me with the other supplies I requested along with the most lovely hand written thank you note with information on a free cleaning in my first year of ownership, a discount on all merchandise for the first year as well and encouraging me to reach out with any questions or issues. I look forward to driving over there in 2021 and working with this shop for years to come ! Thank you First Stitches for a super positive return to sewing." – Heather C.
"Randy! You are the best. Thank you so much for your generous supply of cloth masks which I stacked atop the piles I've made to be delivered to the Territorial Prison. The medical staff and other personnel are so grateful. My old Singer machine has just plowed through this task. When all of this is over I shall send everyone I know to your shop, even if it's for a spool of thread. May your shop prosper when all this is over. Much appreciation." – Marti B.
"Randy and Kimberly, Thank you for your act of kindness to the the community during these challenging times. Thank you for making this time extra special by making/giving donations of fabric for masks. Randy, thank you for working the weekend via video to teach me about my new sewing machine. You are the best!" —Aimee T.
"This is one of my top rated quilt/sewing/service provider stores (and there are only two stores on that list). The owners and staff are most helpful, incredibly qualified, and just plain old-fashioned nice. We needed rolls of quilt batting and even though that’s not something they have in stock, they ordered and delivered it to our door. If there’s something we need, they do their best to take care of us. We’re grateful to have them close by and especially wish to support them so, at the end of this pandemic, they’ll continue to be here for the quilters community." — Rebecca G.
"Thanks for fast and detailed maintenance on my machines. I really appreciate learning about different threads and our dry Colorado climate - who knew? Customer pampering from the first phone call to loading into the truck - great crew!" — Kisi T.
"I was visiting Colorado from Minnesota and happened across your shop in Canon City. The associates were friendly, inviting and helpful and I purchased several items. I am hoping to return someday on a future visit to Colorado. You have a lovely shop!" – Kathy S.
"The service is always 5 star! The ladies and gentlemen staffing the stores are super nice and helpful, and Randy has been servicing my machines for over a year now and I am extremely happy with his workmanship and professionalism! So glad they have opened..." – Holly V.
"I can not say enough good about this store and the people who work here. They have always been polite, knowledgeable and gone out of their way to help." – Karen C.
"Great selection of fabrics, tools, machines. The classes are excellent, with a wide variety of topics. Luv this store." – Glenda M.
"Whenever I travel, I like to go to quilt stores. There is always something new to see or, if I'm really lucky, a sale! But coming home to First Stitches is always the best. Great staff, great choices, lovely fabric. I read so many posts on FaceBook by people with questions, and my answer is always the same -- go to your local store for help! But so many of those folks don't have a helpful local store available to them. So happy that I do!" – Dorothy T.
"You must know there would be a lot of unhappy quilters in this town if your shop wasn’t here. Your staff are the best, always helpful and knowledgeable! Classes are fun and interesting. Please know you are doing something right! Love you guys." – Carol T.
"Love, love this store and the classes are excellent!" – Mindy P.
"I love your store. Everyone is so welcoming and ready to help you with your projects. They classes are so much fun and you make me feel like you are family." – Jannell F.