You've got a new sewing machine and it looks and acts differently from you previous machine(s). Now what? OR you've wanted to learn to sew for a while and you've purchased a new machine. Now what? What is the best thread? How do you know what needle to use? Where do you start? How do you clean it?
We are here to help! Our First Stitches Sewing Machine Basics class will answer your basic questions and give you some hands-on practice with your machine.
This class will help you learn the basic functions of your new machine. You may take the class more than once, and it is available to you whenever you need a refresher or have more questions.
Class Schedule and maximum student number is subject to change. Please try to book your space at least one week in advance. Watch your email for possible updates.
Student Supply List:
* Fabric Shears
* Snipper Scissors
* Seam Ripper
* Flexible measuring Tape
* Seam Gauge
* Marking Tools
* Sharpie Marker
* Pin magnet or cushion
* Sewing Machine with power cord and foot control (please unpack machine from its box)
* Bobbins, thread, spool caps, zigzag foot, buttonhole foot
* Machine tools - screwdriver (if a new machine, bring the little tool kit and machine feet enclosed with machine)
* Machine manual
* Pad and pen (or pencil)
* Reading glasses (if you need them)
Misc. Tools (These items are very nice to expand your Basic Kit to do more types of sewing:
* Wonder clips
* Long nose tweezers
* "Poke/Push tool (Stiletto, awl, plastic tool (Purple Thang), point turner
*Rotary Cutter (45 mm) with spare blades
** Please Note!** This class is FREE if you purchased your Sewing Machine from First Stitches! **