This is a free motion quilting class using Westalee’s ruler foot and mini-fill set of 5 templates. The class is hands-on, so you’ll have a chance to use your new templates and practice some really fun techniques. Be sure to bring all your questions, too! PRE-REQUISITE: Comfortable use of Ruler Templates prior to class.
BASIC SKILLS NEEDED FOR THIS CLASS
- Be familiar with your sewing machine.
- Know how to wind and change a bobbin.
- Know how to thread your machine and install your bobbin.
- Know how to drop your feed dogs.
- Know how to adjust your machine’s tension for free motion. Very important.
- You will enjoy this class most if you’ve had some free motion experience and some practice using Westalee templates, but we’ll be touching on the basics during class.
DOWNLOAD ENTIRE SUPPLY LIST HERE.You MUST be prepared before you come to class.
- Westalee ruler foot. The Westalee foot must fit the machine you are using: high shank, high shank special, low shank, or mid shank. Most Bernina machines require an adapter, available from Bernina. Feet are NOT interchangeable.
- Westalee Mini-Fill template set – 5 templates:
- Westalee Free Motion Glider to cover your machine bed.